Drying systems for bulk solids – designed to work with cogeneration systems (CHP)
Büttner's indirectly heated rotary tube bundle dryers (also known as "wood chip dryer") are specifically designed to work with cogeneration systems (CHP). They provide reliable and efficient drying of wood chips and other free-flowing wood material, biomass products and bulk solids.
- Depending on the product, a water evaporation capacity of up to 10 t/h
- Heated indirectly by steam, hot water or thermal oil
- For cogeneration (CHP) combined applications
- Product discharges directly from the dryer housing
- Exhaust filtering by means of a cyclones or bag filters
A product designated for drying comes in through an air-tight rotary valve and into a stationary casing a rotating tube bundle. Depending on capacity, the dryer can be used as either a single or double rotary bundle dryer. The product trickles through the heated tube bundle, which turns inside of the dryer housing, and is heated up. Heating medium and product do not come in direct contact. The water contained in a product is evaporated into the dryer air, which is preheated by heat exchangers.
At the end of the dryer housing the dried product is discharged through an air-tight rotary valve. Warm and moist dryer air is extracted and dedusted in cyclones or bag filters.